Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Brownies

 

Brownies

 

These simple brownies are quick, easy to prepare and extremely delicious. I have prepared it many number of times and every time they have turned out great. I tried it from here. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I halved it. I guarantee that you will never go wrong with this recipe!!

Ingredients

 

  1. All purpose flour - 1 cup
  2. Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup ( I used Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder)
  3. White granulated sugar - 1 cup
  4. Butter or margarine - 1/2 cup or 1 stick melted (You can melt it on stovetop( at low heat for about 1 - 1.5 minutes stirring continuously ) or microwave (takes less than 25 - 30 seconds) or double broiler method or at room temperature (takes at least 1 hour ). Allow it to cool slightly before using.
  5. Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
  6. Egg - 1
  7. Nuts, raisins, chocolate chunks - Optional

 

Method

 

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

 

2. Cream butter and sugar. You can either use a hand mixer or a spoon/fork. I used a hand mixer for this step.

 

alt  alt

 

3. Now switch to a spoon/spatula and add vanilla extract, egg and mix until smooth. Do not over mix.

 

alt

4. Stir in the cocoa powder and all purpose flour and mix until smooth until there are no lumps. If you are planning to add chocolate chunks, nuts etc, add them now.

 

altalt

 

5. Spread in a greased 8 inch pan using a spatula or with your fingers. Bake for 18 - 20 mts at 350 F. Cool completely and cut to  16 squares. Enjoy!!

alt alt

 

Brownies

21 comments:

  1. Yummy brownies, never tried making this at home, enthayalum try cheyyam..so good and beautiful presentation too

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice recipe..looks so perfect and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adipoli brownies...recipe looks very easy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brownies looks so yummy..wish I could grab the whole plate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brownies Adipoli. I love to grab them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irresistible brownies...yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rounds up to be 'yummy o yummy'. Cutie brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kidu kikidu...Entha perfection brownieke..Super Maya...

    ReplyDelete
  9. iam not a gr8 fan of brownies but seeing really make me hungry...luks perfect.nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the perfect tecture to me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tempting Brownies...Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow they looks gorgeous and absolutely moist..I am drooling over ur brownies before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brownies look delicious.....

    simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks decadent..totally irresistible for a chocoholic like me..yum :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum.... I'm your newest happy follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adipoli browine..Would like to pick that browines right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks so yummy.- Suhaina

    ReplyDelete